What Is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a formal third party confirmation that organizations providing conformity assessment services are technically competent and impartial to carry out their specific activities.
Through the application of national and international standards, government, businesses and consumers can have confidence in the calibration and test results, inspection reports and certifications provided.
The aim of the Council is to upgrade the quality of services provided by the entities involved in the field of conformity assessment and to enhance confidence in the efficiency of these entities and to ensure that the services provided by them comply with international standards and requirements
Benefit of Accreditation
Accreditation offers many Benefits:
- Verification of conformity with standards and regulations
- Demonstration of competence
- Assessment of risk and its management
- Enforcement of safety regulations such as building codes
- Safety of food and drinking water
- Environmental protection
- Oversight of health and social care services
- Control of commerce and trade
- Trade facilitation
- Efficient delivery of public services
- Conduct of forensic investigations
- Investigation of product or process failures.
SDAC Accreditation Scopes
Sudanese Accreditation Council (SDAC) provides a variety of accreditation services to Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) in accordance with standards published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). SDAC accreditation programs are targeted to the Following CABs:
- ISO/IEC 17025 – General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
- ISO 15189 – Conformity assessment- Specifies Requirements for quality and competence in medical laboratories.
- ISO/IEC 17020 – Conformity assessment — Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection
- ISO/IEC 17021– Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management.
- ISO/IEC 17065 – Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services.
- ISO/IEC 17024– Conformity assessment — General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons.
- ISO/IEC 17043 – Proficiency testing.
- ISO 17034 – Reference materials producers .
How to Apply for Accreditation?
To apply for accreditation, please send document to email@example.com All information received by SDAC will be considered confidential. Download Application form here.
Who Needs Accreditation?
All Conformity Assessment Bodies Subject to Accreditation
- Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- Medical Laboratories.
- Inspection Bodies.
- Quality Management Systems Certification Bodies.
- Persons Certification Bodies.
The cost for accreditation includes an application fee for the handling of the process and the costs corresponding to the number of days necessary to carry on the evaluation (review of documents and audits on-site). SDAC will send an estimate of costs to the applicant prior to the start of the assessment.
Download Sudanese Accreditation Council (SDAC) Accreditation Fees Structure form here